The principal of interlocking is nothing but the inability of pavers to move in an independent manner from its neighbours. Interlocking concrete pavers was used commonly in the Roman Empire. The roads were built with very tight fitted stones, set on the compacted base. Today’s concrete pavers are then manufactured to help and ensure a perfect interlock.
Taking into consideration about the interlocking system-
While designing or constructing your driveways, patios or pool deck, you need to take into consideration about the interlocking system. It is vertical, rotational and does have the horizontal interlock. Vertical interlock is achieved through the transfer of loads to the surrounding units. It is being done through the sand that is placed in the joints.
WHAT ARE RATIONAL INTERLOCKS-
Nepean interlocking & paving companies can be enhanced by pavement cross sections? It will definitively cause the pavers to tighten and it will allow stiffing through loads across the pavements. It increases the structural capacity also. As the process gets established, the pavers will lock up.
The horizontal interlock steps and entrances design Nepean is totally being achieved through the use of patterns. They generally disperse forces from any vehicles. Quite a few studies have shown that Herringbone patterns are a most effective pattern for maintenance of interlocking.
- It is to be noted that Herringbone pattern is recommended in quite a few areas with heavy vehicle traffic like driveways or a parking lot.
- Edge restraints will also play a dominant role in the interlocking system.
- They generally maintain the horizontal interlocks.
- They are required to be placed along the perimeter of the brick pavers.
- It is extremely and viably important where the brick pavers will be placed and it also plays an important role in the interlocking process.
- Generally, the excavation is about eight inches deep, four inches is for the lime rock.
It is extremely important that the sand and lime rock are well compressed with a vibratory roller with a reversible plate compacter and levelled out. Once the pavers are in place and the restraint edge is placed around the paved area, sand is poured on top of the paved area. It is then compacted with the vibratory roller or with the reversible plate. It makes the interlocking system stronger.